Are you looking to increase conversions and drive more sales on your website? We'll be sharing proven tips and strategies for creating and optimizing landing pages that effectively convert visitors into customers. From crafting compelling headlines to A/B testing, we'll provide you with the tools and strategies you need to create landing pages that convert visitors into customers.
Let's get started and learn how to optimize your landing pages for maximum conversions!
Building a landing page
Many people still think that creating a landing page is difficult, expensive and that you need to hire a web programmer to do it, but it’s not like that anymore. Nowadays, there are so many tools to make landing pages by yourself that we would have to write four or five articles to talk about all of them.
Within the terminology of marketing, a landing page is a page that users reach after clicking on a banner, ad or link located on another web page they were visiting. It is a page specially designed to convert visitors into customers, executing key actions and its unique purpose is conversion.
In other words, a landing page is a tool that reinforces the initial promotion advertised through that banner or link and when you have already caught your potential customer’s attention, you just need to highlight their needs and make an offer to obtain the user's registration.
Now, you know that landing has just one purpose, which is usually to attract leads... you also need to take into account that your landing page must contain all the necessary information to seduce your leads, and hopefully, get all their data. To learn more about landing pages, you can use one of these tools:
- Instapage. Instapage works in a very simple way. It has many free templates that you can modify by dragging elements or adding them from the menu. In fact, it is such a popular tool that thousands of premium templates are sold on Themeforest. Another of the main advantages of Instapage is that it is very easy to integrate with WordPress. If you build your website with Instapage, you won't have problems creating an awesome landing page.
- Unbounce. This tool also has many templates, tutorials and options that you can create your landing page from scratch to your liking. It usually stands out above Instapage in A / B tests. According to the majority of people who tried both tools, they agree that Unbounce works better with this type of test.
- Leadpages. Leadpages is a software that allows the creation of landing pages with aesthetically pleasing features, drag and drop tools, more than 100 templates, etc. And these landing pages are useful for downloading e-books, getting sign-ups to webinars, getting subscribers on Facebook or using it like a sales letter. One of the advantages of Leadpages is that you don't need advanced knowledge of technology or programming to know how to use it and there are many other softwares to create landing pages that you’ll love.
- Additionally, you can add plugins to your WordPress website like Visual Composer or Elementor. They are useful WordPress plugins for creating landing pages (and webpages). They allow you to create landing pages by dragging elements and without having to touch a single line of code. So, they are great choices if you don't want to spend much time creating your landing page. However, they have limitations compared to Instapage or Unbounce, but they do the job if you are looking for basic options that don’t involve deep knowledge of WordPress.
Whichever option you choose, remember that your landing page must collect all the necessary information, so that your users decide to give you their data and get those leads that you want so much.
But, how can you optimize your landing page? Is it easy? Like any other skill, you need to invest time in the learning process. But it is easier than you may think, and we’re going to show you how you can get more leads with an effective and profitable landing page.
Landing pages best practices
First of all, remember that not only the design is important. It’s also essential to take care of usability, texts, forms, buttons and offer valuable materials.
Because of all these details you have to consider, we’ll help you optimize your landing page with the following tips:
1. Be clear and to the point
Landing pages have a single objective: getting leads! Make your message clear and concise, explaining in the most concrete way how your offer will solve their problems.
Also, remember that the internet is an environment where the user is continually exposed to messages and information, which in many cases causes rejection because of the overwhelming amount of ads. So, to make it easier for them:
- Use blank spaces as they provide clarity and give the user a break.
- Organize the content through bullet points.
- Cut unnecessary words.
2. Add multimedia elements
Adding audiovisual content to your landing page is a fantastic resource. However, it’s important to know how to use it correctly. You can add video testimonials or explanations of your products. They convert very well.
It is not useful to add a video or an image to our landing page simply because we like it. In fact, it can even become counterproductive and lower your conversion. In any case, you should ask yourself if your offer really needs audiovisual support to help describe it or make it tangible.
Also, add simple and non-distracting images. They will help you keep your leads engaged with your content and imaging what your text is saying and if you add an image (or infographic) that is attractive and adds value, you’ll attract more attention.
Show what the product offers, how to use it, how it looks like, etc. And include real photos of happy people using the product or service in everyday situations. It tells a success story in their minds. Besides, it is interesting to play with colors to capture their attention, either in the form or in the CTA. So, make sure to make a bold CTA that grabs attention.
3. Mobile optimization
Due to the high percentage of content consumption through mobile, it’s important that you create your landing page mobile-friendly.
Having a perfectly designed mobile landing page has never been more important, and that doesn't just mean optimizing your landing page. It means spending time and effort on mobile design and creating landing pages created for mobile users instead of plastering the same version but in mobile format.
Customizing your landing page for each device is a must. You can make it by reducing the size of images and checking all elements of the landing page on your own smartphone to make sure it works well before launching your page to your leads.
Additionally, using white space is something that makes mobile landing pages look updated, clean and without a lot of text load. White space also makes user interactions easier, keeping accidental clicks to a minimum.
Bonus tip: Use A / B tests when creating mobile landing pages. Don't just try mobile landing page designs, experiment with your landing page and change the call to action or the title copy. Even small changes can have a big impact on conversion rates.
Finally, use single-column layouts because mobile devices don't need multiple columns. They don't have room for them. So, using a single navigation column is much more effective to design a good landing.
4. Pay attention to the forms
What you want with your landing page is facilitating your leads to give you their data. That’s why the more information you ask for, the longer and more tedious it is and, consequently, the more risk that they will go away and lose the possibility of registration. So, you better optimize the following points:
- The form’s title can include a call to action with a very clear message of what to do. For example: "fill in the form".
- The copy must make clear what the objective/product offered by the landing page is and what the user must do to achieve it.
- Highlight the benefits.
- And if you’re not selling a physical product, don’t ask your lead’s address, you don’t need it. With name and email is enough for most sales funnels.
In short, be aware of the length of your form and its position on the landing page. These are two determining factors for the success of your entire sales funnel.
5. Social networks
If you take into account all the previous tips and tricks, your leads will have a good experience and your landing page will appeal to them, and if they want to share it… so, why not make it easy for them.
It is possible that not all your potential customers who come to your landing are going to click on your proposal, but they may want to share the information with their contacts and bring other potential leads to your page. So, include buttons to share on social networks on your landing page
As in any other web page, you need to test what elements they like, attract and convince them, and then analyze it and correct what isn't working.
Particularly, you have A / B test tools to show 2 variations of the same landing page. This way you'll check how your audience responds to the different elements and determine which one has the highest percentage of clicks according to the color, shape or copy.
To create a landing page, you must not only think about the design and adding beautiful elements, but you have to apply simplicity, having a defined objective, that does not confuse anyone and with a message aligned to the offer in a clear and coherent way to facilitate the understanding of your future customers.
7. Landing page copywriting techniques
One of the main mistakes in creating landings pages lies in the copy. Elements such as excessive length, a confusing message, proposing several objectives at the same time or not talking about the benefits, can distract the visitor.
The formula "less is more" is a rule that you have to take into account in your content in general and, especially, in your landing page. Your goal is not to saturate the user, so you have to avoid landing pages with excess content, images, forms that are too long, etc.
You won't probably apply all copywriting techniques to your landing page, but some guidance will make the difference.
- Sell the benefits that your product will bring to your buyers, and not just the characteristics of it. Your customers care about the benefits your product will bring to their lives. The features of your product are secondary. So, your potential customers will love to imagine themselves using the product and solving their problems, so after you make the benefits clear, you can show the features of your product.
- If you want to sell, first use your copy to create a need. Convey that you know the consumer's needs and that is why you can help them. For this, you can use the PAS technique. It’s a copywriting strategy to establish solutions to specific problems by Identifying the Problem, agitating the problem and showing the solution (in other words, introducing the benefits of your product or service).
Now that you know all the steps to make a landing page and how to optimize it, you have to put your knowledge into practice. We will guide you through the process, Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!